November 28, 2008

"Love is Sacrifice"

"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don`t they never were."
Kahlil GIBRAN

There are many quotations on love given by many philosophers, scholars, and people with different ways of stating their perspective. I think all of those quotations are logical, rational and worthwhile considering. Among those, I would like to pick up/raise one quotation on love of Kahlil GIBRAN`s to introduce and explain why I decided to single out that quotation.

From the quotation, there are many possible ways of interpretation, it depends on many variables, what you base on and focus about. According to Kahlil, I think what we can learn from him is that "Love is sacrifice".

I mean, if you love a girl (she loved you too) but unfortunately a third person just showed up from out of nowhere and they fell with each other. And she wants to go to him, leaves you all alone. What would you do then? Indeed, if you love somebody you do not want to let her go away from you, but because of the power of love, you will respect her decision and give her freedom to choose who she really loves (my assumption).

For me, if I can make sure that that is what she wants and she will lead a happy life, it is okay because that is everything I want. Even how much it hurts to let her go, I just want her to know that "If you are happy that is enough for me. And I just want you to know that, I will be here for you and when you want to come back, you are welcomed. I love you and will always do." (I tried to feel Kahlil`s feeling when this idea came up to his mind)

Nobody wants to say "Goodbye" to the only one person they love, and no one wants it to happen either. You know what just try to think of Kahlil`s feeling from his quotation, I can feel it in my bone, I can feel how hard it is to face that kind of a situation. Hoping that it neither happens to me and nor to you.

By the way, after considering and interpreting about that concept of love, I can imagine that it is so hard for everybody to say "Goodbye". To me, if a couple/boyfriend and girlfriend, they are in love, I will let them be. I do not want to be the second guy, because of me someone could get hurt, so you know what I mean, I guess.

Moreover, if she is not available (SBU: single but unavailable), I will try to avoid falling in love with her. Sometimes, I believe we can control our minds, because we love the one we know so we must be able to know that we will fall in love with her if.....(based on how you feel about her comparing to other girls and love is the fruit/result of friendship/good relationship, some cases).

So if she has somebody, let her be and when you hear the bell warning that it is a "dangerous zone" (you are falling right now), get your ears checked and take action asap. Staying a little bit farther from her is one suggestion and it could help sometimes.

Last but not least, "Love is Sacrifice", we can say that based on Kahlil GIBRAN`s quotation. His idea is impressive - and very interesting. Saying goodbye is always painful for everybody. If you are sentimental, saying goodbye is heart-wrenching.

May a successful true-love be with you !!!

Adam SMIK

No comments: